Monday, August 29, 2011

Zeal and Repentance - Life Journal - Revelations 3:19

Scripture:  Revelations 3:19 As many as I love I rebuke and chasten, therefore be zealous and repent.

Observation: God's love for us is faithful even when we sin and it's His love that causes Him to give us discipline, rebuke and chastening.  He will confront sin in us so that we can not keep in the same path we were heading.  The cure from receiving the rebuke and chastening of the Lord is to be zealous for Him and His will and to repent.  Repentance in it's truest form is a powerful willing life change.  A change in the how, what, and why we do what we do.  We no longer choose to sin, but we go the other and choose to not sin, and to do the right things.  Have zeal, an inner burning for Him that is willing to do whatever it takes with your repentance, and rebuke and chastening are no longer needed.

Application:  I must be zealous for Him.  My repentance must be complete through my passion to never do it again.  If I am truly passionate about my God and King, and about doing His will, I will not need to be rebuked and chastened by Him, but can walk in the freedom and blessing He wants to pour into my life. 

Prayer:  Father, I ask for more zeal!  Help my heart burn for You and Your will, no matter the cost!  Allow my love for You to grow in passion, and my passion to turn from sin just as strong as my love for you! In Jesus' name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment